Saturday, August 7, 2010

Tu Amor Hace Eco En Todo Mi Universo (Your Love Echoes In All My Universe)

Hola! The blog title is a new song we are learning here. I have been seeing God's love and hope echoing here in Ecuador. God is so good! One of the things God has been showing me is to be in awe of him & how endless and indescribable his love is. I am in awe of God's creation here. I see his power and might in the mountains. I see his glory set in the sky. I see his beauty in the orphans and the people. I see his love in the orphans' faces and smiles.

Today was a busy day for me. I worked in the baby room with Aaron. Honestly, it was a difficult, tiring, and at times frustrating experience. But I loved every moment. Loving God's precious orphans is so worth it and brings me so much joy in serving our God. They had me changing diapers and feeding screaming babies. It is very challenging not being able to verbally communicate with the workers. Their diaper changing system is very confusing. They use cloth diapers but no plastic coverings. So you are constantly changing babies and getting peed on. It is an unforgettable experience haha. The first baby I changed was wiggly, upset about getting changed, poopy, and peed all over me while I was changing her. It was in that moment of frustration God spoke to me and reminded me of his love. Our sin grieves and frustrates God, yet he still patiently deals with us. And willingly chooses to pour out his unfailing, lavish love on us. He loves us so much he sent his son to die for us while we were still sinners and enemies of the Holy God. I am so in awe and speechless of his love!

Also, I am amazed at the kids love for each other. Ron and Glenda love these kids so much and these kids love them back. This love then flows out of the children. It reminds me of how God loves us and wants us to love and abide in him; then his love flows out of us on others. 1 John 4:16. I see God's love in all the precious orphans. I pray you all would grow deeper and deeper in love with Jesus and be in awe of our awesome God. Thanks for all your prayers! Please pray for us. Tomorrow we are going to a village to share the gospel, and some of us our sharing our testimonies. Brian is teaching a lesson on the gospel. Jared, Jordan, Hannah, Julie, & Aaron are doing a gospel mime. Abbey, Heather, and I are sharing our testimonies. Love you all!!!

In Christ's Love,
Sarah Bethea :-)
ps we also did some shopping today. It was fun to experience more of Ecuador's culture.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah This post so sounds like you. The beauty of the earth is something to stand in awe of. I think for both of us some of our happiest times are enjoying God's creation.Sorry about the diaper thing. That is certainly an interesting concept. Didn't you take plastic pants as a donation? Hope the kids have lots of clothes. Thanks for sharing what you are learning. It is amazing God loves as much as he does even though we don't deserve it. Love and prayers to all of you.

    ps Have you had any pigs feet?

    ReplyDelete