Sunday, August 1, 2010

Julie Myers



1. Please pray for my health. As many of you know, I came back from Guatemala sick two years ago and my family and I have been a little anxious about me going out of the country again. I know that God called me to go on this trip just like He called me to go to Guatemala so I am trusting Him to take care of me and whatever happens is His will for me.

2. Pray that God would give me His wisdom as I lead this group. I will need His wisdom as I make each decision before the trip and while we are there.

3. Pray for unity for the group and pray for me to be wise in handling confrontation between team members if that unity is being broken by arguments. I do not enjoy that part of being in charge so pray that I will be courageous in a gentle way while handling those situations.

4. Lastly, please pray that I would wholly lean on Jesus. I want this to be His trip and I want it all to be for His glory. Pray that I wouldn’t get in the way by trying to control a situation, but trust that God will take care of it all. He has a plan for us and I want us to fit into His plan instead of making Him fit into ours.

Last December, God brought Ark Children's Home across my path. I instantly felt His Spirit moving in me and knew that God was telling me that I was supposed to go there someday. As I prayed more about it, I knew that God was wanting me to take a group down there on a short-term missions trip. God has amazed me as He has opened up doors that I saw as impossible! He has orchestrated this trip from the beginning. I cannot wait to see what God is going to do in and through the group while we are down there! Thank you everyone for all of your support so far both financially and through prayer! Can't wait to share our experience while in Ecuador with you through this blog!!

In Christ's Awesome Love,

Julie Myers

1 comment:

  1. It was great to see you up there today, glowing and healthy. We will be praying for you, Julie!

    The Lacys
    www.pattilacy.com/blog

    ReplyDelete